Wednesday, December 21, 2005

POST 2 - CHANG SIAO YING


Right, this is the very first of Chang Siao Ying album entiled Three Dreams (三個夢 - NA PEP934 7") which in English it is called Off Beat 'n' A Go Go. Note the hair fashion of that time. It was a vibrant collection that many chinese loved. Goodness, I think this must be released in the late 60s if not very early 70s. I was a teenager then.
Now, this is the one that surprised me because I never knew Chang Siao Ying was so popular as to cut at least two albums with Polydor, a very prestige label not that she was not good enough. Mainly because I did not know Polydor existed at that time. Okay, this album (LP) is called Panorama Of Atami (what does it mean, beats me) and the Mandarin title is 熱海的風光 (波麗都 SNR7001 7")


Boy, this is another one released under the Polydor label. One really cannot deny the popularit of Chang Siao Ying. Probably, this was when she started to keep her hair short and trendy for many more years to come. Title of the album is 月下姑娘(波麗都 SNR7005 7")
Love Chase ( 情奔 王星 SNR2349) was one of the many many LPs (records) that Chang Siao Ying recorded under this label. The not-so-fantastic band was the locally popular band, The Stylers. At this stage, she was probably married with kids.
By this album, Chang Siow Ying had already crossed label to Form Records and really, this is one of the better and great collections here. The musical accompaniment was definitely better and her singing skills were finely polished. Entitled Shepherd's Song (牧羊曲 - 風格 FLP9102). On the visual aspect, it definitely had improved very much.
If you are her fan, it is a must to collect this last album under the Form Records label. Kindly refer to my comments on this album in POST 1. Entitled Four Seasons' Love (四季情 - 風格 FLP9137). Simply beautiful singing, just marvellous.
This could be a Cantonese album entitled Thinking Of You Every Night (夜夜懷念你 - 妙聲 HGLP1). I am not sure when it was released but seemed to me it is probably after she left Form Records. Do correct me if I am wrong.